7. Circle NA (821)
  8. rosiedarling89 (602)
  9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Let's Talk Texas Outdoors >> Back at Camp >> Flordia gator

Flordia gator

Country
Country
Country writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gatorCountry writes about Flordia gator
Llano county

Anita and Charlie Rogers could hear the bellowing in the night. Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations.  "I didn't believe it," Charles Rogers said. Friday they realized the  stories were, if anything, understated. Florida Parks and Wildlife  game wardens had to shoot the beast .  Joe Goff, 6'5" tall, a game warden with the Florida Parks and  Wildlife Department, walks past a 23-foot, 1-inch alligator that he  shot and killed in their back yard.

• Flordia gator

"A country boy will survive"

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: Flordia gator

SUPERG
SUPERG
SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about

Can this be verified? I don't think that alligators can get that big. A Nile Crocodile is considered to be a monster at anything over 20 ft long and gators are smaller than them. I would like to see something from the Florida Fish and Game or wildlife dept. Of course, I'm not calling anyone a liar, anything is possible, just this is hard to believe.

"Hate me if you want to, Love me if you can" Git-R-Done!

Folsetth
Folsetth
Folsetth writes about Folsetth writes about

I saw this last year. Story was that this gator came from down around Brazoria County. Fact is that there is a TPWD Game Warden named Joe Goff. He used to work the Galveston County area and last I heard he is in the Brazoria County area and that does look like him in the picture.

Country
Country
Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about Country writes about
Llano county

SUPERG, good eye!  I had received the story from an email.

Here is the scoop from Urban Legends

Link   http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/wcgator.asp

Giant Alligator

Claim:   Photograph shows a 13-foot alligator killed in Texas.

Example:   [Collected on the Internet, 2005]

This is a real photo of a gator killed in Bay City, TX.

Lot of South Texas Nuc Plant folk live in this area. Look at the size of that head!

Here is another reason to stay out of the ditches and bayous.

This was found at Bar X, which is between Angleton and West Columbia, near a house. How would you like to meet this fella in the dark? Never let it be said that we don't grown them big in Texas.

Variations:   E-mailed versions of this photograph sent in 2006 were accompanied by text that shifted the locale from Texas to Florida and enlarged the 13-foot gator into a 23-foot behemoth:

Florida grows em BIIIIIIIG

This alligator was found between Orlando and Titusville, Florida near a house. How would you like to meet this fella in the dark? Never let it be said that we don't grow them big in Florida .. Game wardens were forced to shoot the alligator- guess he wouldn't cooperate...

Anita and Charlie Rogers could hear the bellowing in the night.

Their neighbors had been telling them that they had seen a mammoth alligator in the waterway that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations. "I didn't believe it," Charles Rogers said. Friday they realized the stories were, if anything, understated. Florida Parks and Wildlife game wardens had to shoot the beast Joe Goff, 6'5" tall, a game warden with the Florida Parks and Wildlife Department, walks past a 23-foot, 1-inch alligator that he shot and killed in their back yard.

Origins:   The photograph displayed above is genuine and corresponds to the following account of an alligator killed by game wardens near West Columbia, Texas (a town whose claim to fame is its status as the First Capital of the fledgling Republic of Texas), in April 2005:
Game wardens forced to shoot alligator
Published April 16, 2005

WEST COLUMBIA - Anita and Charlie Rogers could hear the bellowing in the night.

Her neighbors in Bar X Ranch had been telling them they had seen a giant alligator in the bayou that runs behind their house, but they dismissed the stories as exaggerations.

"I didn't believe it," Charles Rogers said. Friday they realized the stories were, if anything, understated. Texas Parks and Wildlife game wardens had to shoot the beast.

(Caption: Joe Goff, a game warden with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department, walks past a 13-foot, 1-inch alligator that he shot and killed in the back yard of the home at the Bar X Ranch on FM 521 near West Columbia.)
The American alligator is commonly found throughout the southern U.S., including the eastern third of Texas, generally in and around fresh-water sources such as swamps, rivers, bayous, and marshes. They typically range in size from 6 to 14 feet in length, so a 13-ft. gator would certainly be a large specimen, but not an extraordinarily-sized one.

This image is another example of how positioning can exaggerate the apparent size of objects in photographs. The alligator is in the foreground of the picture, with its head turned towards the camera, while a game warden strolls in the background, making the reptile (particularly its head) seem proportionally larger than it really is.

Last updated:   25 April 2006

"A country boy will survive"

tangeli

tangeli writes about

Here's a new twist  on the  Big Gator story.....seems someone Photoshoped a deer in the critter's mouth....enjoy

• Flordia gator

Hntr
Hntr
Hntr writes about Hntr writes about Hntr writes about Hntr writes about Hntr writes about Hntr writes about Hntr writes about Hntr writes about
Anderson county

I can't understand why people try to pass off photoshopped pictures as real.  Or the need to exaggerate.

Attention??

wheeless621
wheeless621
wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about
Brown county

That last one is an actual photo.  Get the whole story here...  http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/gatordeer.asp

Guns don't kill people....Its those pesky little bullets making lots of holes that all the blood leaks out of.

hornhunter

hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about

Makes my mouth water, he would make some fine gater tail, not to mention a great pair of dancin boots.

Forums >> Let's Talk Texas Outdoors >> Back at Camp >> Flordia gator

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -27 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently -8 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

family fish brush hunters bow texas game striper shoot hogs wildlife bass rifle channel target turkey minnows shad county locked fishboat plastics www.tpwd.state.tx.us blue buck lake points crankbaits jigs ranch recreational trout hunt land bait gun fishing lease yellow priority hunter deer topwaters shrimp redfish buy spinnerbaits nightcrawlers rigs public dove lakes cut south hunts first wild outdoors hunting bucks traps slabs soft crappie striped catfish shooting shot season call worms hog