3. ctbrown17 (2274)
  4. Hunter X (1158)
  5. huntexas (1025)
  6. scott dye (908)
  7. Circle NA (821)
  8. rosiedarling89 (602)
  9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Hog Hunting >> How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?

How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?

Jason Parrish
Jason Parrish
Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?Jason Parrish writes about How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?
Travis county

I asked this question of someone who raises pigs for 4H and the answer I was told (and I would like to hear other people's comments) was.... how does this apply to wild hogs?

For our show hogs on good feed, we go from birth to show weight (250-270 lbs) in 165 days. When you are in the 150-250 range it will gain 2 lbs or so a day.

Hunt Hard. Fish Smart. Explore Texas.

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?

gkahlden

gkahlden writes about

Depending on the food source, about 1 year in the wild.

SUPERG
SUPERG
SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about SUPERG writes about

True. If you take any notice of the hogs in your area, they will get bigger during deer season because of the feeders. That's just a 2 1/2 month period.The more food they have the bigger and faster they will grow. Remember that a hog is a eating machine. All it does is eat and make babies, nothing else.

"Hate me if you want to, Love me if you can" Git-R-Done!

txtrigger2003
txtrigger2003
txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about txtrigger2003 writes about

Agree w/ SuperG -- pure eating machines with cast iron stomachs.  My answer was going to be, from the hog's perspective, as fast as possible.  Depends on food availabilty -- if you see them coming back to your feeder often, it won't take long. 

"Life's too short to hunt with a beardless dog . . ."

bill barrick
bill barrick
bill barrick writes about bill barrick writes about bill barrick writes about bill barrick writes about bill barrick writes about bill barrick writes about bill barrick writes about
Montgomery county

We raised show pigs at the Boys Ranch.  The piglets would be verified in March and then shown in the second week of September. Three pigs were chosen from good stock and fed properly.  All three were too big at show time.

What we did was show the two gilts in the breeding class under a year old. They won!  The biggest was 357 lbs.  Born in February.  A wild pig will not gain that fast on any diet is my suppositon. 

Traditionalist

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Hog Hunting >> How long does it take for a hog to grow from 150 lbs to 250 lbs?

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently 0 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently -9 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

striper nightcrawlers deer points shot fishing lake www.tpwd.state.tx.us striped buy rigs fishboat lease public minnows crappie hunters shoot hunts yellow bow first land county cut family south topwaters target shrimp brush rifle ranch turkey outdoors gun jigs recreational bait texas wildlife slabs spinnerbaits crankbaits season priority soft catfish plastics fish call hunter bass blue traps channel hogs hunting hog locked wild trout worms buck hunt game dove shooting redfish lakes bucks shad