9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Deer Hunting >> Smith County

Smith County

CannonballD

CannonballD writes about Smith County

ANTLERS_2

Hello,

First year on a lease just Northeast of Tyler, its about 280 acres of private land that has never been hunted. I've got the feeder set up and game cam will be in place this weekend, but was wanting to see if I could get an idea for the movement of deer in this area and what to expect. Any help is appreciated.

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: Smith County

yancy

yancy writes about

Sounds like you are hunting in my backyard. Deer are plentiful around here. Feeders should do great this year we have no acorns. Water is going to be key though. I think that antler growth will suffer this year due to drought and food sources.

RE: Smith County

CannonballD

CannonballD writes about

Thanks for the response, been hard trying to get some information out of some. I was in Tyler this last weekend and headed out to the land to see some 10 hogs while fishing (spring fed tank), 2 deer bouncing off as I approached my feeder (it hasnt had corn in it for some time but the deer are close), and saw a few dove. I'll be back up for opening weekend so hopefully my game cam will produce something positive and I'll bag some dove for NFL season opener. Go Cowboys!

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Deer Hunting >> Smith County

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -3 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently 0 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

hunts south call turkey hog season bass deer catfish target shot minnows land fishing fishboat striper hogs crappie plastics redfish crankbaits striped buy hunt lakes game fish lake rifle outdoors shrimp bow texas soft dove spinnerbaits wildlife wild lease worms ranch gun hunting trout hunters hunter shad public nightcrawlers blue first points bucks bait shoot slabs jigs brush recreational locked www.tpwd.state.tx.us shooting yellow rigs county priority traps topwaters channel family cut buck