3. ctbrown17 (2274)
  4. Hunter X (1158)
  5. huntexas (1025)
  6. scott dye (908)
  7. Circle NA (821)
  8. rosiedarling89 (602)
  9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Deer Hunting >> Did I miss the Rut in NE Texas?

Did I miss the Rut in NE Texas?

DWHO

DWHO writes about Did I miss the Rut in NE Texas?
Harrison county

Did I miss the rut already or is it just starting?  NE Texas, need a report for Nov. 20th and 21st.  Thanks!  I will be in Cass County!

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: Did I miss the Rut in NE Texas?

Arobie120
Arobie120
Arobie120 writes about

I haven't seen much rut activity in Cass or Bowie counties. Not a lot of scraps or rubs this year. Of course this is on public land where there is more pressure on the deer.Seen a nice buck the 6 of november. He would not respond to any thing I did to make him stop and look at me. He was in "love", following a doe. With the moon waxing, it seems to me the deer are moving at night more.The full moon will be the 21st. After that I hope they will start moving more in daylight hours. The deer followed this same pattern in october.According to Field & Stream the 21st. is The Day. IMO the rut is slowing down to where the deer arent "crazy". Im starting to get groups of does on cameras again.Good Luck.

fishinjunky

fishinjunky writes about

what about VAN ZANDT county RUT??????

wohalliburton
wohalliburton
wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about wohalliburton writes about

The rut usually kicks in around the first week of November or so in Red River County to the west of you, but with a full moon the 21st you never know!

hogdog35

hogdog35 writes about

I live in shelby county in east tx. The RUT IS ON around here!! I have seen bucks chasing does all week.

rr41mag

rr41mag writes about

I have seen more rubs than I have ever seen in a hunting spot. Dozens of them. (I'm a Mississippi transplant here) I have yet to see a scrape though. I've had my camera out with no deer pictures yet.

twitch2146
twitch2146
twitch2146 writes about
Collin county

I have a lease in Cass County. It has been a wierd year out there. At our place i saw a buck with 2 does in October and the second week of November I had does in groups. Going out this weekend so ill give you an update after.

CassCountyBoss

CassCountyBoss writes about

ANTLERS

just started bud, just seen 5 different 8-12 poiints on my game camera there were 450 pics and 375 were of bucks, just seen a ten yesterday its just startin

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Deer Hunting >> Did I miss the Rut in NE Texas?

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -8 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently 0 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

locked wild deer crankbaits redfish striper traps shrimp game county fishboat yellow buck hunter striped shad first fishing hunting www.tpwd.state.tx.us topwaters texas bait family season cut trout jigs nightcrawlers blue hunts fish call soft hogs bow shooting rifle hunt public slabs hog recreational priority plastics worms wildlife crappie ranch lake shoot minnows turkey rigs catfish brush land bass lakes bucks buy points south hunters outdoors spinnerbaits channel target lease dove gun shot