7. Circle NA (821)
  8. rosiedarling89 (602)
  9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> General Hunting >> coon hunting

coon hunting

bluejoe13

bluejoe13 writes about coon hunting

does any one on this forum know if it is legal to coon hunt on public land with a 22 cal. pistol

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: coon hunting

LSmith6749
LSmith6749
LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about LSmith6749 writes about
Burnet county

If it isn't .... it should be.....

hornhunter

hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about hornhunter writes about

Don't know, but if you do, please let me know when you are going so I can be sure to get out of the county. Ever 22 cal bullets will travel far and KILL at long range.

Texas Hunting Consultants

Texas Hunting Consultants writes about

Shot gun only. Its illigal to use a rim fire wepon.

Texas Parks and Wildlife.

E.TX.BOWHUNTER
E.TX.BOWHUNTER
E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about
Montgomery county

How about air guns?

GO CLIMB A TREE, TIM

wizer_dude
wizer_dude
wizer_dude writes about
McCulloch county

Copied from the 2008-2009 Outdoor Annual Page 54

Firearms

• Game animals
      • Game animals
      and game birds may be hunted with any legal firearm,
    • EXCEPT:
    • white-tailed deer, mule deer, desert bighorn sheep, and pronghorn antelope may
    • NOT
    • be hunted with rimfire ammunition of any caliber.
    • shotguns
    • are the only legal firearm that may be used to hunt Eastern turkey during the spring Eastern turkey season (see County Listings
    • ). Rifles and handguns may not be used to hunt Eastern turkey.
    • pellet guns and other air guns are
    • NOT LEGAL
    • fully automatic firearms are
    • NOT LEGAL
    • firearms equipped with silencers or sound-suppressing devices are
    • NOT LEGAL
    • a shotgun is the only legal firearm for hunting migratory game birds and lesser prairie chicken (see
    • Definitions - Legal Shotgun
    • , pg. 69).
    • Nongame Animals (Non-Protected):
      • Any lawful firearm, pellet gun, or other air gun is legal.

E.TX.BOWHUNTER
    E.TX.BOWHUNTER
    E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about E.TX.BOWHUNTER writes about
    Montgomery county

I don't remember coons being a game animal. So if they are not, an airgun is good.

GO CLIMB A TREE, TIM

wizer_dude
    wizer_dude
    wizer_dude writes about
    McCulloch county

Poster's Note:

Please take note that you may hunt fur bearing animals on PRIVATE PROPERTY at night - not on PUBLIC LAND.

From Page 72 of the 2008 - 2009 Outdoor Annual:

FUR-BEARING ANIMALS

Badger

Mink

Opossum

Ring-tailed cat

Beaver

Muskrat

Otter

Skunk

Fox

Nutria

Raccoon

• A
    • trapper’s license is required to take or attempt to take fur-bearing animals, except that a person who possesses a hunting license may take and possess a fur-bearing animal, provided the furbearer (or any part thereof) is not to be sold.
    • A department-issued CITES tag is required to be attached to all otters taken and possessed in this state.
    • A landowner on their own land or their authorized agent is not required to have a trapper’s or hunting license if these nuisance animals are taken while causing loss or damage to agricultural crops, livestock, poultry, or personal property. However, such animals or their pelts may not be possessed or sold.
    • Note: All laws and regulations governing hunter education still apply.
    • Seasons, legal means of taking, and rules about fur-bearing animals or their pelts are covered in another guide called
    • Fur-bearing Animal Digest. Fur-bearing animals may be hunted at night on private property with the aid of an artificial light.

wizer_dude
    wizer_dude
    wizer_dude writes about
    McCulloch county

A separate booklet covering fur bearing animals only.

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/pwdpubs/media/pwd_br_w7000_0065.pdf

Richard Nethery

Richard Nethery writes about

I Coonhunt with Hounds in Sabine County. I called Texas Parks and Wildlife and asked what gun is legal, they said in my County its a .22 Rimfire. I use a Stainless Ruger Single Six .22 Mag. Works very well, but carry some Ear Plugs in your pocket.

Richard Nethery

[IMG]http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z191/Houndsman2007/Multimed-9.jpg[/IMG]

Trying to post a picture of my Hounds

Richard Nethery

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z191/Houndsman2007/Multimed-9.jpg

These are my Treeing Walker Hounds, PR, Netherys Sara Pearl, and Nethery's Log Woods Chester. I hunt them in the Sabine National Forrest, and the Moore Plantation. Both Good Hounds, but Chester is kind of ate up with arthritus,and old age now. Many a Coon has fell to these two hounds. Im thankfull for such a beautifull place to hunt. Thanks Texas Parks and Wildlife. Your Forrest are Beautifull.

Richard Nethery

Wizer Dude

You are completely wrong about not being able to hunt furbearers at night on public land. Look it up for yourself, its legal in the Moore Plantation, The Banister Wildlife Management area, the Sabine National Forrest and the Sam Houston National Forrest. Buy an anual Public Hunting Permit, type two Permit, and they will send you a map book, its shows the legal game by management area. Also read the furbearing animal Digest, that you get when you buy your Trappers license. Good hunting.

DavidFields2

DavidFields2 writes about

Do any of you guys kmow of where I could take my 1 1/2 year old Redbone coon hunting near Dallas,tx. I have a .22 rifle and would love to go with someone who has some experience.

DavidFields2@gmail.com (469) 855-3283

• coon hunting

LarryTX

LarryTX writes about

Hi,

Did you guys get anything going on the coonhunt near Dallas, TX?  I would like to go and see if it would be worth getting another dog.  Right now, I only have a Redbone/Lab cross and she hasn't been hunting (with a human) for a long time.

Larry

coonhunterSCR

coonhunterSCR writes about

DOG

where are you located in dallas? i have 2 walkers ones 8 months and another is 7 yearsand we hunt in Collin county 

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> General Hunting >> coon hunting

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
    • There are currently -18 active users on the site.
    • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
    • There are currently -8 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

turkey points buck dove texas ranch target striped spinnerbaits hunters rifle bass outdoors fishboat jigs cut lakes hog www.tpwd.state.tx.us plastics catfish fishing season nightcrawlers yellow south hunting hunt crankbaits bait trout crappie public worms lake buy shad traps recreational land shot first redfish wildlife hunter bow striper soft blue call brush topwaters minnows slabs family rigs hogs fish channel game deer shoot wild shooting priority county locked lease bucks hunts gun shrimp