3. ctbrown17 (2274)
  4. Hunter X (1158)
  5. huntexas (1025)
  6. scott dye (908)
  7. Circle NA (821)
  8. rosiedarling89 (602)
  9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Public Hunting Land >> Hunting Lake Meredith?

Hunting Lake Meredith?

Bassman74

Bassman74 writes about Hunting Lake Meredith?

ANTLERS_3

Has anyone been hunting at lake Meredith or is anyone going to hunt it this year.I can no longer afford to have a private lease and I have heard a few good things about the hunting at Meredith but I have heard alot of bad things about it.I am just looking for some info. and or advice on the hunting.I am wanting to go and give it a try I just want some feedback to know if it is worth the time.

Thanks,

Ricky Brewer

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: Hunting Lake Meredith?

mrbigtexan
mrbigtexan
mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about
Moore county

you better hurry up as deer season opens up here in the panhandle tomorrow. opening weekend is usually overcrowded but it is truly a very big place to hunt so there is plenty of places you will just have to hike in. there are both whitetail and mule deer up here. there have been some truly monster mule deer taken out of there before. you will have to wear blaze orange also. come up and give it a try. the middle of the week you might see 4-5 other hunters. it is totally free to hunt here also.

mrbigtexan
mrbigtexan
mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about mrbigtexan writes about
Moore county

also, this year you cannot hunt turkeys as they are trying to get more of them. i automaticly thought you were going to deer hunt. got it on the brain!!! there are quail, ducks, geese, occasionally a pheasant and when not in deer season, there are very few other hunters.you can also hunt coyotes only in quail season. within the park, you cannot hunt feral pigs, but on the canadian river you can.

TxBowHunter31
TxBowHunter31
TxBowHunter31 writes about

HAPPY

Mrbigtexan how was opening weekend?

I will be there fri sat and sun heading out after thanksgiving dinner.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Bassman74

Bassman74 writes about

So has anyone been out to Meredith this year and have any of you done any good.Could someone possibly give me some ideas on some decent locations?I am in no way familiar with the surrounding area and do not want to waste alot of time scouting as I only have 2 days off work left.I would appreciate any help and info.

Thanks,

Ricky Brewer

billt102

billt102 writes about

Hey guys, I know horseback is allowed on the refuge, can you hunt on horseback? use horses to pack out a kill? I also know that 4 wheelers are allowed in a limited area. Any decent hunting accessible by 4 wheeler? Planning a trip up next fall for deer season and trying to figure out if it's worth taking the horses.

Thanks guys

1st-Sgt

1st-Sgt writes about

SHAKE

I am new to the area - never been to Lake Meredeth before - I am an avid hunter and want to take my son out for his first deer kill before he joins the Air Force in Jan - can anyone give me a good area to start hunting in for deer?  Bucks/Doe either way any size just need a first kill.  I have ordered the intro kit and maps from the park office - just an idea for a good area to see some wildlife - I don't mind hicking in - Thanx

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Public Hunting Land >> Hunting Lake Meredith?

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -7 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently -4 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

channel fish shad crankbaits dove hunt recreational brush gun hunting hogs striper wildlife fishboat hunts rifle topwaters buy blue bait game jigs shoot lake target lease locked hunters spinnerbaits rigs land lakes outdoors priority public www.tpwd.state.tx.us minnows slabs catfish ranch cut shooting yellow fishing bucks season turkey redfish shrimp deer shot worms buck county bow texas wild striped family points call soft bass first hog traps hunter south plastics crappie trout nightcrawlers