10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> General Hunting >> Thompson Temple Ram Hunt

Thompson Temple Ram Hunt

cranium crusher
cranium crusher
cranium crusher writes about Thompson Temple Ram Hunt
Ellis county

RAM

My buddy asked the other day if anyone had ever hunted Thompson Temple or the Wildlife Ranch.  Some of you had good things to say about Tohmpson Temple, i believe you may have worked there, so we are trying to get a hunt together there but one problem.  Noone answers the phone or calls us back so,  do you know the secret to getting them to call you back or answer the phone?  Our group is ready to book a hunt and it looks like we are going to the Wildlife Ranch because they will answer the phone.

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: Thompson Temple Ram Hunt

cranium crusher
cranium crusher
cranium crusher writes about
Ellis county

Nevermind he called me back.

Thanks

ray****1
ray****1
ray****1 writes about

RAM

i was thinking about going to thompson later this year, trying to get me a nice texas dall ram, let me know how your hunt turns out.

cranium crusher
cranium crusher
cranium crusher writes about
Ellis county

We are not going to go there, we are gong to the wildlife ranch.  They couldnt get us in till late june.  When i called the wildlife ranch they had a place open whenever i wanted to go. 

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell writes about Ryan Campbell writes about

Good luck finding someone with something positive to say about Thompson Temple.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends. http://www.hossfly.com 979 777 1725

bigmike
bigmike
bigmike writes about bigmike writes about bigmike writes about bigmike writes about

Ryan, I wish I had that kind of cash.

"It takes 32 muscles to frown, 17 to smile, but only 3 for a proper trigger pull."

cem2520

cem2520 writes about

i have known and huntedram,white tail and exotic deer with thompson temple,he is one of the most honest people you will ever meet.i took my son hunting with thompson and he killed his first buck ever .thompson did everything possible to make it happen,he is my friend,calvin makowsky  new ulm texas

denvas
denvas
denvas writes about

cem2520

Glad you had a good experience with Thompson, unfortunately you are one of the very few that have. I have known him for over 20 years, hunted with him (even filmed a couple of shows with him), traded animals with him and sent hunters to him back in the early days; but now I would not trust my kids or my wallet around him. My daddy taught me that where there is smoke there is a fire and the smoke is so thick around Thompson from bad business deals, dissatisfied hunters, lies, etc. that you can't get within a mile of him and breath!!!

Denny

Denvas Keep the sun to your back and the wind in your face.

rev.david

rev.david writes about

I personally have hunted ram with Thompson Temple and it was a great experience.  My father and I booked our hunts ahead of time with him, paid in advance for both our rams, and drove from Kansas down there.  The lodging was the only thing I found not to be 100% honest, we had to stay in the "Cowboy Casa" which was a run down old single wide, rather than the "Colorado Casa" that was listed and shown on the website.  Other than that, it was awesome.  Another guy on the ranch that weekend shot a Catalina as we pulled up and it was huge.  We hunted from the blind that morning and didnt see what we were after, so Thompson took up up the mountain in his pick up to try and stalk our two rams.  We didnt see anything up there because of weather so after lunch he personally guided us into the area where his more expensive tagged rams were and within an hour we had both my full curl Corsican and my dad's full curl Mouflon down, as well as two black hawaiians (1 with a bow) and a 4 horn for the other guys there.  He is a great guy and I plan to go back as soon as I can.  From my research you cant beat his prices, even for the tagged trophy class rams.  Lodging isnt the best, but it beats sleeping in a tent anyday!

And no I do not work for Thompson in any way, just a satisfied customer!

DLC55

DLC55 writes about

ELK

We have hunted with Thompson Temple for the past three years and are going back again next week. He is a wonderful man, honest, and very friendly. Remember, this is a discount ram hunt, so the living conditions and the condition of the blinds may leave something to be desired. But the hunting experience and the availability of game is outstanding. His Rams are seperated into different areas and they are clearly marked with ear tags so there has never been any confusion over cost. The hunt can be as simple or as challenging as you want to make it. My disabled son can hunt from a ground blind and have lots of oportunity to take a nice ram. I can go into the mountains and hunt the secretive Aoudad if I choose. Go, have fun, laugh at the "cabin" and enjoy the fact that you are not being charged $1000 or more for the same hunt somewhere else. (hint....book very early and try to get in around Feb for the most available game.

huntfever

huntfever writes about

I have found Thompson Temple to be dishonest and slanderous of hunters, and offers shooting galeries of animals within penned areas.  I will never hunt with him again.

STERLING8371

STERLING8371 writes about

• Thompson Temple Ram Hunt

STERLING8371

STERLING8371 writes about

ANTLERSI have been hunting Thompson Temple ranch for over ten years and there is no other place you can go, hunt, camp and have a great time like at his place, the man is a seriours religious person. The camping sites are not the best in the world but is what you make out of it. We always take fire wood with us and we do clean up before we leave. I have collected with the exception of a four horn ram every ram in camp. We even have friends come over from N. Carolina and Minessota to hunt, we even take kids with us. We ussually make arrangements for the next hunt before we leave camp so is not easy to get in to hunt. He even allowes us to hunt pigs for free. My group of guys have hunted all over U.S.A for all kinds of animals and we love it, if you dont like it just dont go find another place, pay more for less. God be with you.

ken wall

ken wall writes about

HAPPY

I have hunted with Thompson temple every year for the last 5 years. I have shot a Black Hawian,a Mufalon a Texas Dull a Ramboli a Catalina and a Seka deer. I take anywhere from 4 to eight people with me. I don't think anyone has gone home empty handed. We look forward every year to go there for a nice weekend. No phones computers no work and no TV. If you get bored in the blind you can useally find somethig to read. This man has been a blessing to me and I would recomend him to anyone. This is a very good place for a father to take his children to shoot their fist animal. I have had both knees replaced and there is always someone there to help if needed. God Bless and no I do not work for or receive any componsation for this recomendation

gino

gino writes about

We have hunted with Thompson Temple for the last 11years and have never had a problem at all.He has always been straight forward about his business and lodging.He has told us that friendship is one thing and business is another.For that we continue going without a problem.Lodging, we make the best out of it. We go for two reasons;one is the Ram's prices and two commodare.

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> General Hunting >> Thompson Temple Ram Hunt

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -32 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently -1 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

lease plastics fish game slabs buck redfish nightcrawlers turkey soft locked land shrimp gun cut wild deer traps recreational lake fishboat target bow county south texas bait wildlife ranch dove rigs minnows hog shoot crankbaits fishing topwaters crappie striped points yellow first buy outdoors brush shot hunt striper hunters season shad rifle catfish bucks www.tpwd.state.tx.us spinnerbaits family channel hogs public call worms trout shooting jigs bass hunts lakes hunter priority hunting blue