9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Predator Hunting >> beavers

beavers

selturner
selturner
selturner writes about beavers
Coryell county

does anybody know how to get rid of beavers? i have tried to use traps but unless its coons i dont know what to bait it out with. please any help would be good

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: beavers

duckwhacker
duckwhacker
duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about duckwhacker writes about
Palo Pinto county

Bulldoze the dam.

Keep yer eyes peeled!

selturner
selturner
selturner writes about
Coryell county

the dam is just on the other side of the fence,but maybe i could talk to the land owner and he would let me. thanks for the info.

NelsonV
NelsonV
NelsonV writes about

There should be heavy trail traffic leading to and from the waters edge.  Especially by there nest.  Place a 1.75 foot hold trap on the trail.  You can also place them under water if need be.

Mr.CZ

Mr.CZ writes about

GOOFY Get a 22 and sit down by the fence the whole day

selturner
selturner
selturner writes about
Coryell county

i did see a trail by there nest that leads under the fence to my side.i'll try the traps there and hopefully get one of those suckers, thanks nelson

selturner
selturner
selturner writes about
Coryell county

i have sat at the tank all day with a 22 and have not had any luck seeing the beavers,although i did drink a lot of beer,on second thought maybe thats why i didnt see the beavers

DrippinAg
DrippinAg
DrippinAg writes about

After reading the thread title, I had such high hopes for this thread! :)

In my experience, Copenhagen usually runs them off eventually...some take longer than others though.

selturner
selturner
selturner writes about
Coryell county

well its been 9 months but i finally got 2 of the beavers, i had to put up the 22 and pull out my trusty 308 rem 788 to get the job done. i went in the tank after one of them, was going after the other one in a little deeper water and ran into a cottenmouth and decided to leave it for the turtles(or snakes). im trying to upload the pics.

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell writes about Ryan Campbell writes about

Good job.  I would definatly go a little bigger than a .22 on a beaver in case you dont get a perfect head shot.  .223 or so would be fine.  This is one I killed last year with a Ruger 77 .223.

• beavers

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends. http://www.hossfly.com 979 777 1725

ms.mata

ms.mata writes about

HELP

ok guys is it leagal to shoot beaver in texas,,does it matter on counties??? I have one that looks like it weighs about 50 pounds or better...Let me know please...

ms.mata

ms.mata writes about

QUESTION

ok another dumb question if i can shoot it can i have it stuffed ???????????

selturner
selturner
selturner writes about
Coryell county

if you look at the Texas Parks And Wildlife website under fur bearing animals there is a link to seasons and regulations and you can read about it. What i read it states that if you have a hunting license then you can shoot them any time of the year

selturner
selturner
selturner writes about
Coryell county

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/publications/huntwild/hunt/fur_bearing/license/this is the link to the site

kenjayne
kenjayne
kenjayne writes about
Harris county

What most of you may not realize is that beaver, properly prepared, is excellent eating.

When I was stationed at Fort Leavenworth, one of the local trappers used to give the Rod & Gun club his beaver carcasses. The R & G Club had them prepared by a cook in the Officer's Club and served them (along with many other types of game) at the annual Welcoming Wild Game Dinner for the incoming classes. The absolute best meat was the beaver. I never found out exactly how he prepared it, but it was crisp on the outside, juicy on the inside, and had a wonderful flavor.

I tried to duplicate it, but have never succeeded. With the R & G's being a "10", I could get to a "6", maybe.

I know that you must remove all the musk glands. Otherwise forget it. There must be some other secret, but nevertheless, you can make a great roast even without knowing the "secret". Try it on a young one.

Ken Jayne "Bald Eagle"

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Predator Hunting >> beavers

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -14 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently -8 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

wild hunt target striper soft priority hunting lakes fish rifle cut bait trout bass dove ranch fishing call www.tpwd.state.tx.us family texas channel buck outdoors plastics points brush shrimp buy south catfish minnows crankbaits striped game bucks yellow fishboat nightcrawlers traps recreational shot blue public redfish turkey hog hunts shad slabs hogs shoot spinnerbaits jigs gun crappie hunters wildlife land bow lake hunter locked shooting county deer season first lease topwaters rigs worms