3. ctbrown17 (2274)
  4. Hunter X (1158)
  5. huntexas (1025)
  6. scott dye (908)
  7. Circle NA (821)
  8. rosiedarling89 (602)
  9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Archery Equipment >> Redhead Archery?

Redhead Archery?

thedosranchhand
thedosranchhand
thedosranchhand writes about Redhead Archery?

Does anybody shoot a redhead bow by bass pro shops? If so are they worth the money and time?

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: Redhead Archery?

TX_Kevin
TX_Kevin
TX_Kevin writes about TX_Kevin writes about TX_Kevin writes about TX_Kevin writes about
Fort Bend county

Cabelas, BassPro, and Gander Mountain are all having their bows made for them. I read on another forum that the Redhead bows at BassPro are on sale, and for the money, they are supposed to be a heck of a bow. Diamond makes the one for Gander Mountain, and I think Mathews makes the one for Cabelas, but I can't remember who it was that makes BassPro's bow. I think it might have been Mathews too. Not sure though.

thedosranchhand
thedosranchhand
thedosranchhand writes about

The redhead bow is a hoyt. Just like reflex and the others. They just have a redhead xp 35 '06  model at my local archery shop here in Lubbock for $220 and was wondering if it was worth it. 

TX_Kevin
TX_Kevin
TX_Kevin writes about TX_Kevin writes about TX_Kevin writes about TX_Kevin writes about
Fort Bend county

I guess I should also say that there are tons of really nice bows out there that will serve you very well no matter your level of experience.

Parker makes some very good bows and are a good bang for the buck bow. Diamond makes some very good bows that are good bang for the buck bows. I think I'd recommend going with one of them before the store brands.

Once you get to this level of bow though, it really just comes down to what fits your personal needs the best, and what feels the best to you. They are all good. The same is even more true of the upper end bows like Hoyt, Mathews, Bowtech, and others.

TX_Kevin
TX_Kevin
Fort Bend county

That's subjective. To me it's not worth it. It's a good buy, but for me, I'd rather have the more current technology. In archery, it's different. The bows are jumping forward quite a bit and they are getting faster, and more quiet with each rendition.

Shooting in the upper 200's is getting to be commonplace with low poundages such as 60 pounds. Not a big deal to most, but I am typing this with a torn rotator cuff due to pulling my old 80 pound Viking too many times. Age isn't being kind to me. I am hoping to purchase something that zips later, once I've healed.

thedosranchhand
thedosranchhand

Im 20 years old and have been shooting bows for around ten years, so i would say my skill level is pretty desent, it is just the funds that i dont have. I would love to have a matthews or a hoyt, but going to texas tech there is no possible way that i could afford any of them. Thanks for all of your input, i appreciate it.

TX_Kevin
TX_Kevin
Fort Bend county

Brice, I would strongly recommend you take a look at some of the Parker and Diamond bows then. They might be more affordable than you think, and they sure serve you well.

I am glad to hear you got into the sport at age 10 or so; me I was 14, but I am about to 45 so that was many moons ago.

By the way, how 'bout them Red Raiders today!

TX_Kevin
TX_Kevin
Fort Bend county

I just re-read the part where you typed $220. Yeah, that's a pretty low number for a decent bow of any kind, and if it's made by Hoyt, you may have found yourself a winner. See if they'll let you shoot it. Draw a couple of the more expensive bows to see what they feel like, and how this one compares to it. Dude, if it's sweet, buy it.

thedosranchhand
thedosranchhand

Yea the boys shouldnt have won the way they were playing, but a win is a win. I mgoing back to the archery shot after work today and i will take your advice and shoot it. And as for starting young in archery, I didnt start off liking it when i was younger but now i love it. I used to think my dad forced me to do it but im glad he did. Now im starting to get my girlfriends little brother into it. He shot his first animal with any kind of weapon this last spring. It was a 200lbs hog. His little 45 lbs bow shot it straight through, it was so cool. Again, thanks for all your help, i apreciate it.

brewbkb

brewbkb writes about

Hey Brice;

get yourself a decent bow for the money you can spend. Go to a bowshop or outfitter. The big chain stores are just looking for your money.

I started with a browning, big and heavy some 12-15 years ago. I just moved up to my Bowtech Patriot a few years ago. and enjoy the hell out of it.

dixonhunt

dixonhunt writes about
De Witt county

CHECK THE LOCAL ARCHERY SHOPS MOST OF THEM HAVE 1 OR 2 YEAR OLD BOWS THAT ARE NEW AND HAVE HUGE DISCOUNTS. I  PURCHASED  2007 A HOYT TRYKON LOADED (LIGHTED SIGHTS ,QUIVER,WISKER BISCUIT REST,6CARBON ARROWS) FOR 600 DRIVE OUT

thedosranchhand
thedosranchhand

I appreciate the advice fellas. Its been over a year since i first posted this page and I have gone through a Redhead, Ross and now a Mathews DXT. And man do I love the DXT. Not that im bragging but since I have purchased that DXT, I have gone undefeated in the 3D tournys.

rblackstock

rblackstock writes about

Here's your requested info on RedHead bow. The 2009 models Kryptic, Kronik and Toxic are made by Diamond (Bow Tech), the XPS (split limb versions) models are made by Reflex (Hoyt) and the XSC models (2008) are made by Parker. Each one of these bows are very good quality bows. When you purchase a RedHead bow, you haven't lost any of the quality craftmanship or warranty on the bows. Its just as if you purchased the other name brand bow but usually a little cheaper. While all of the bows are very good in their own right, I do have say I am partial to the Diamond series- they are very quiet, light weight and very forgiving. I shoot the Diamond Triump (2008) and I am very pleased with the bow. My wife is a archer also and we both enjoy our time spent together with our bows. Even during the general gun season here in Texas, you will find us in the tree or pop-up blind with our bows. Which ever brand you purchase make sure it is set up for you personally, if not it will be like you trying to wear someone elses shoes.  Good Luck !

BACK1WOODS

BACK1WOODS writes about

BOWHUNTER

Good morning,

Yes I shoot a redhead bow from Bass Pro in Orlando, Florida.  The bow I shoot is made by Hoyt.  Great bow even has the same split limb silencers and string leeches as the Hoyt bows do just cheaper priced.  Hope this helps.  Have a good day and get out and shot something.   Take a kid hunting if you can.   

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Archery Equipment >> Redhead Archery?

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -16 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently -7 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

spinnerbaits bait cut lease hunts buck hog wild recreational shoot public south bucks crappie call hunter topwaters game lakes fish ranch family lake points nightcrawlers jigs turkey soft shot bow worms striped trout wildlife season texas catfish striper brush fishing channel minnows buy locked hunting target slabs outdoors shad gun bass land shrimp dove redfish fishboat blue hunt traps county hogs deer first hunters www.tpwd.state.tx.us yellow priority shooting crankbaits rigs rifle plastics