3. ctbrown17 (2274)
  4. Hunter X (1185)
  5. huntexas (1025)
  6. scott dye (908)
  7. Circle NA (821)
  8. rosiedarling89 (602)
  9. pointman (600)
  10. repfluger (501)

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Hog Hunting >> Bounty on Feral Hogs in certain parts of Texas?

Bounty on Feral Hogs in certain parts of Texas?

nolanspawn
nolanspawn
nolanspawn writes about Bounty on Feral Hogs in certain parts of Texas?

I was recently watching something on The Mens Channel and saw a show where they were hunting hogs in Texas in an area that actually has a bounty on them. Has anyone ever heard of this and if so do you know of a listing of areas?

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

RE: Bounty on Feral Hogs in certain parts of Texas?

Paleo
Paleo
Paleo writes about Paleo writes about

Might be time for a new career.

Paleo
Paleo
Paleo writes about Paleo writes about

Hog, Bounty Hunter!!!

joshhern
joshhern
joshhern writes about joshhern writes about joshhern writes about

that's funny

Out Enjoying That Great Texas Countryside

texas.410

texas.410 writes about
Travis county

I have a friend who has 100 acres in Junction. There is a bank in town and they give 20 bucks a head on wild hogs. But you have to prove it was shot in that county. And no raod kill. And you can froget meat the hog will spoile. you have to take them the hog whole.

------------------------------------------------------ Who is this man thats trying to save my Country? www.ronpaul2008.com

nolanspawn
nolanspawn
nolanspawn writes about

I need to find this bank, our ranch is obviously (pic in signature) outside of Junction. Does your friend know which bank?

joeypii
joeypii
joeypii writes about

It was the Junction Wharehouse, feed store I believe

Joe

The second amendment says nothing about "hunting"

nolanspawn
nolanspawn
nolanspawn writes about

Really? I buy all my feed from there.

texas.410

texas.410 writes about
Travis county

I will talk to my bud when I get back to work tomarrow. And I will find out the name of the bank if I can. I do know for shure it is a bank that is doing this. My bud at work has 100 acres in Junction. And he says over the past five years or so he has seen no hogs. Thats the problem, He thinks they where a shot out of the area because of the bounty. He wishes that there where hogs on his property so he could take advantage of the bounty but he has had no luck yet finding hogs in Junction. So my question to you nolanspawn is -have you seen hogs on your place in Junction??? If so you, I and my friend really need to get together.

------------------------------------------------------ Who is this man thats trying to save my Country? www.ronpaul2008.com

nolanspawn
nolanspawn
nolanspawn writes about

Yah I think we have plenty of hogs

• Bounty on Feral Hogs in certain parts of Texas?

texas.410

texas.410 writes about
Travis county

Nice Swine. I smell pan sassage.

texas.410

texas.410 writes about
Travis county

Ok here is the deal. The bank (First state bank in Junction) did not actualy have a bounty on hogs. But they did support a contest held by the Junction Wharehouse feed store. They do contest for bigest deer and hog ect. during the hunting sesons.

So, there is not realy a bounty in the town of Junction. But that dosent meen there couldent be one somewhere else in Texas.

bd13fishing
bd13fishing
bd13fishing writes about bd13fishing writes about bd13fishing writes about bd13fishing writes about

Ive heard of it i will keep an eye out for a listing though.

Bobby D

SteveM

SteveM writes about

Couple of years back Van Zandt County offered a small bounty for hogs; the budget for this was exhausted in days with no evident effect on the over-run conditions there.

wheeless621
wheeless621
wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about wheeless621 writes about
Brown county

Josh, I was just in Junction this past weekend. Took my family to South Llano River SP.  That is some beautiful country y'all have there.  We left saturday night (with a 30' camper trailer).  It only took me about 3 hours to get to Mason.  Where we had to camp in the city park because of the snow and ice.

Guns don't kill people....Its those pesky little bullets making lots of holes that all the blood leaks out of.

nolanspawn
nolanspawn
nolanspawn writes about

I would love to live in Junction or Mason. I actually spent my first 15 summers of my life in Mason with my grandparents. I loved every second of it.

Josh

Iowa farmer

Iowa farmer writes about

Iowa farmer has acres of pasture and timber ground for deer,pheasant, turkey, coyote hunting would like to hunt Texas ground for hogs. who can a person get ahold of to hunt Texas ground for hogs. Have a party of six to seven that want to come to Texas and give it a shot. If anyone interested in Iowa hunting will work together on a trade.

Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell
Ryan Campbell writes about Ryan Campbell writes about

I would imagine that with the economy the way it is and rural counties' budgets being limited, bounties on hogs would be a stretch.

The Hunt goes on forever, the season never ends. http://www.hossfly.com 979 777 1725

Forums >> Texas Hunting >> Texas Hog Hunting >> Bounty on Feral Hogs in certain parts of Texas?

Forums Statistics:

• There are 27889 registered site users.
  • There are currently -23 active users on the site.
  • There are currently 0 registered users that active are on the site (and signed in).
  • There are currently -3 active users in the Forums.

Welcome to the newest registered users: Retired Army Guy Ttugrad2000 neternakon zatty

Google Adsense 728x90 Leaderboard

Explore Forums Through Common Keywords:

shad cut www.tpwd.state.tx.us hunter call jigs outdoors fishing topwaters rifle fishboat hunting catfish channel county game buy trout locked ranch shot lease rigs shoot lake south nightcrawlers striper shooting brush wildlife hogs first bait land target redfish minnows season dove traps crappie priority bucks fish yellow soft plastics lakes turkey hog buck crankbaits hunters points deer family hunt bass recreational public worms blue slabs gun texas bow wild hunts striped spinnerbaits shrimp